What to do on Tenerife during your vacation, 18 x inspiration for a fun day trip
Tenerife is the largest of the 7 Canary Islands and much more than sun and beach. Did you know that you will find the oldest city in the Canary Islands and recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site?
Do you like nature more?
Then there are excursions to beautiful nature parks where you can walk along volcanic craters and between lava fields . Or what do you think about dolphin watching or snorkeling among the turtles ? Read all about it in this Tenerife travel guide.
On holiday to Tenerife with Sunweb from USD 429 per person: Book with Sunweb
Your holiday Tenerife with Prijsvrij.nl from USD 282: View the range
The flight takes approximately 4.5 hours . Fly to Tenerife with Tui Fly for USD 57
Content of article
- Craters, volcanoes and lava in the Teide National Park
- Peaceful hiking in the Montañas Negras
- Looking for pirates in Masca, Tenerife
- San Cristóbal de La Laguna: the oldest city in the Canary Islands
- Stunning nature in the Anaga Nature Park
- Pyramids of Malpais de Güímar, Tenerife
- Dolphin & whale watching and snorkeling with turtles
- Hiking in Montaña Chayofita
- Water fun in the Siam Waterpark Tenerife
- Cliffs of Los Gigantes, natural wonder of Tenerife
- The fishing village of Candelaria in the east of Tenerife
- Punta de Teno: the most westerly point of Tenerife
- Zoo and volcanic beach on Puerto de la Cruz
- Protected natural beauty in Los Campeches
- Natural swimming pools formed by lava in Garachico
- Butterflies, dragon trees and wine in Icod de Los Vinos
- Botanical gardens and history in La Orotava
- Walking between the laurel, pine forests and waterfalls in Las Lagunetas
- Where to choose your hotel in Tenerife?
Mount Teide is the pride of Tenerife and it is undoubtedly the most popular natural sight on the island. The volcano is located in the national park of the same name. Teide National Park is the third oldest and largest national park in Spain. Wherever you stay on the island, you should definitely go here. The unique landscape of craters, volcanoes and fossilized lava , as well as the impressive peak itself, make this one of the most impressive and lasting sights in Tenerife .
There is an extensive network of paths and landmarks from where you can enjoy unforgettable views. This very diverse area shines all year round and you get to it from any point on the island.
You can climb the top of the Teide
Although this is only recommended if you are fit, healthy and well-trained. You can also go there with a cable car. This way everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking views of Tenerife.
The Teide National Park is, both literally and figuratively, a high (too) point of your visit to Tenerife or the Canary Islands.
Our tip : Buy your tickets to visit the Teide National Park online.